RULES GRAN FONDO LLORET COSTA BRAVA
Gran Fondo Lloret Costa Brava is a non-competitive cycling tour with departure and arrival in Lloret de Mar, which runs along the roads of the province of Girona and the emblematic Costa Brava. This edition will be held on Sunday April 26, 2020, starting at 8:30 h. The march is non-competitive, meaning that it is played in open traffic controlled by the organization, which requires following the current traffic regulations.
This cyclist tour consists of 2 routes:
Gran Fondo (GF): 162 km (2600m+)
Mountain passes: 2 passes of 2nd cat. (Alt de Sant Grau and Romanyà de la Selva), 1 pass of 3rd category (Els Àngels) and 3 passes of 4th cat. (Santa Maria de Llorell, Alt de la Ganga and Mas Carboti).
Medio Fondo (MF): 92 km (1400m+)
Mountain passes: 1 pass of 2nd cat. (Alt de Sant Grau), and 2 passes of 4th cat. (Santa Maria de Llorell and Mas Carboti).
|SATURDAY APRIL 26 2020|
|16:00 h – 21:00 h||Delivery of bib numbers (Passeig Marítim Lloret de Mar)|
|SUNDAY APRIL 26 2020|
|7:00 h – 8:15 h||Delivery of bib numbers (Passeig Marítim Lloret de Mar)|
|8:30 h:||Start of GF and MF(Passeig Marítim Lloret de Mar)|
|11:00 h:||Estimated arrival of 1st MF group|
|13:00 h:||Estimated arrival of 1st GF group|
Number delivery: to remove the bib number is necessary to present your ID or passport.
Departure: as 1st edition there will be no time drawer, but the organizers reserve the right to establish a first drawer for the guests.
The organization marks cut time in 2 points:
- Llagostera (km 38): 2h30 (11h30 AM)
- Calonge (km 106): 6h00 (3h00 PM)
In case the participant passes the cut time, the organization will not be responsible if he / she wants to continue along the itinerary, taking into account that he / she will do it out of the race, without refreshments, volunteers, assistance or medical insurance. However, the organization will recommend a more direct route to the finish. The final time in the finish line will be limited to 8h (17:30h PM).
Welcome Pack included required mandatory material:
- Maillot Inverse (mandatori durint the route.)
- Mandatory visible bib number and identification bracelet.
The participation in Gran Fondo Lloret Costa Brava includes acceptance of the following regulatory points established by the organization:
- Participation is open to all cyclists of any nationality with a minimum of 18 years of age.
- The use of approved helmet during the whole tour will be mandatory.
- The bib number must be visible on the front of the bike.
- Each participant is responsible for their bicycle and complementary material, and the organization will not be responsible for possible incidents or losses of others. However, the lost material recovered by the organization will be 15 days from the day of the tour to be claimed.
- The organization informs about the characteristics of the tour, which each cyclist must value their participation under their responsibility in relation to their physical, psychological and technical conditions to face with guarantees. However, it is recommended that the cyclist previously do a medical examination to rule out any pathology.
- Participants will be covered, within the established tour times, by an accident policy contracted by the organization. The organization will have a Civil Liability insurance policy.
- The cyclist must be aware that the tour will be carried out by roads open to traffic, following articles 15 and next ones of the annex II of Real Decreto 1428/2003, of November 21, which approves the General Regulations of circulation for the application and development of the articulated text of the Law on traffic, circulation of motor vehicles and road safety, approved by Real Decreto Legislativo 339/1990, of March 2. Therefore, it excludes the organization from any accident or incident derived from the march.
- The cyclist, apart from respecting current traffic regulations, must also respect the tour environment (prohibiting the throwing of plastics and material on the road), other cyclists, as well as the indications of volunteers and organization.
- The organization will have assistance vehicles, that’s why is not allowed support vehicles that could disturb the march.
- The cyclist must go through the start, intermediate and final controls; otherwise, the organization must be informed.
Failure to comply with this prior regulation is a reason for penalization by the organization.
- The registration is personal and non-transferable.
- Registrations will be closed when the 1,500 participants are reached.
- Changes of distance (route) will be accepted until April 19 of 2020.
- - The inscription includes an official Inverse jersey of the race, as well as other gifts from sponsors and collaborators.
- CANCELLATIONS AND RETURNS:
Until March 29, 75% of the registration fee will be refunded.
Until April 15, 40% of the registration fee will be refunded.SERVICES
Only cyclists enrolled in the tour and showing bib number may have access to the services or identification bracelet.
- The organization will provide the tour with refreshments at different points of the route and at the end where the cyclist has food and drink.
- The number and location of refreshments will be informed before the tour.
- Each participant must be self-sufficient to manage a mechanical incident, however, the organization will provide mechanical assistance to facilitate possible repairs.
- Some refreshments points will have mechanical assistance.
- During the tour there will be mechanical assistance vehicles, identifying themselves at all times.
- Gran Fondo Lloret Costa Brava is a non-competitive event, but the participant will have the final net time of the tour as well as the classification of different timed uphills.
- The participant must pass correctly following the indications of the organization by the starting and ending point of timing.
- The timing will be done through bib number, therefore, if the number is not placed correctly in the front of the bike, no claims will be accepted for possible incidents about the time.
- Claims of time in disqualified participants or outside cut times won’t be accepted.
FINISH SERVICES At the finish, different services will be offered by the participants:
- Changing rooms and showers.
- Photo report.
- Physiotherapy Service.
- Music and tables to eat.
- Bars to hang the bicycle.
- Final refreshment.
The organizer guarantees full compliance with the rules of Protection of Personal Data, thus in accordance with the Organic Law 15/1999, the participant is informed and gives his consent to the incorporation of their data to the existing automated files by part of the organization and the treatment thereof for their use in relation to the execution of administrative, commercial and other own activities. In addition, the acceptance of the rules by the participant authorizes the organizer to make their own use of the images (photographs and video) and gives all rights related to commercial and advertising exploitation that they consider appropriate to execute, without right to receive any financial compensation.